What do American Psycho and Gone Girl have in common? Boring men who talk at length about music to women who are smarter than them. Oh, also: blood-lust perpetuated by toxic patriarchal structures!!!
- Interview: Mary Harron and Guinevere Turner on Restoring the Female Voice to History in “Charlie Says” by Stephen Saito
- The Female Gaze of ‘American Psycho’: How Mary Harron Made Fantasy Into Timeless Satire by Angelica Jade Bastien
- Mary Harron narrates a scene from American Psycho
- The Problem With “Gone Girl” Is That There’s No “Cool Girl” by Anne Helen Petersen
- What Gone Girl is Really About by Josh Rothman