In this episode of Chick Flicks, Bridget and McKenzie compare the debut films of two female directors: Sofia Coppola’s The Virgin Suicides and Deniz Gamze Erguven’s Mustang.
- Deconstructing the fashion of The Virgin Suicides by Claire Mairie Healy
- Sofia Coppola on directing The Virgin Suicides
- ‘The Virgin Suicides’ is a timeless look at depression, fantasy and the inner lives of girls by Monica Castillo
- Criterion essay on the Virgin Suicides by Megan Abbott
- A Look at “Mustang,” a Turkish Coming-of-Age Film Drawing Comparisons to “The Virgin Suicides” by Shelley Farmer
- An Interview With Deniz Gamze Ergüven on Her Feminist Fairytale Mustang by Ren Jender
- Mustang review by Randall Colburn